‘Bullish’ Di Matteo rules out Chelsea defender Luiz joining Barcelona
London: Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo has made it clear that defender David Luiz won’t be joining Barcelona, as the Catalan giants contemplate a 30 million pound bid for the flamboyant center-back.
Chelsea has heard nothing from Barcelona so far this summer and the clear message from Di Matteo on Friday was that they would be wasting their time because Luiz is not up for sale.
“I don’t feel any pressure in that sense. This club has been very, very successful in the past and I don’t see why any player should want to leave us to go anywhere else,”
“We always compete for trophies, it is a very ambitious club with an ambitious owner. A great group of players that over the years have won a lot but still have the hunger to win more. Competition is hot, we have great facilities, everything,” he added.
“David Luiz is part of our long-term future here. It’s normal that he gets interest. It doesn’t concern me. I think the player will be here in the long term,”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- BJP dares Bihar government to ban VHP meet as Tejaswi Yadav threatens action against Pravin Togadia
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union