‘Bullish’ Di Matteo rules out Chelsea defender Luiz joining Barcelona
London: Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo has made it clear that defender David Luiz won’t be joining Barcelona, as the Catalan giants contemplate a 30 million pound bid for the flamboyant center-back.
Chelsea has heard nothing from Barcelona so far this summer and the clear message from Di Matteo on Friday was that they would be wasting their time because Luiz is not up for sale.
“I don’t feel any pressure in that sense. This club has been very, very successful in the past and I don’t see why any player should want to leave us to go anywhere else,”
“We always compete for trophies, it is a very ambitious club with an ambitious owner. A great group of players that over the years have won a lot but still have the hunger to win more. Competition is hot, we have great facilities, everything,” he added.
“David Luiz is part of our long-term future here. It’s normal that he gets interest. It doesn’t concern me. I think the player will be here in the long term,”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’