‘Bullish’ Di Matteo rules out Chelsea defender Luiz joining Barcelona
London: Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo has made it clear that defender David Luiz won’t be joining Barcelona, as the Catalan giants contemplate a 30 million pound bid for the flamboyant center-back.
Chelsea has heard nothing from Barcelona so far this summer and the clear message from Di Matteo on Friday was that they would be wasting their time because Luiz is not up for sale.
“I don’t feel any pressure in that sense. This club has been very, very successful in the past and I don’t see why any player should want to leave us to go anywhere else,”
“We always compete for trophies, it is a very ambitious club with an ambitious owner. A great group of players that over the years have won a lot but still have the hunger to win more. Competition is hot, we have great facilities, everything,” he added.
“David Luiz is part of our long-term future here. It’s normal that he gets interest. It doesn’t concern me. I think the player will be here in the long term,”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- India's tour of West Indies: Hosts pick uncapped fast bowler Alzarri Joseph for second Test
- SC to hear plea of Army doctors for enhancement of retirement age
- Fun times! Former Aussie speedster Brett Lee on the sets of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- AAP woman worker's suicide:BJP demands FIR against AAP leaders
- No concrete evidence about missing AN-32 plane: Parrikar