‘Bullish’ Di Matteo rules out Chelsea defender Luiz joining Barcelona
London: Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo has made it clear that defender David Luiz won’t be joining Barcelona, as the Catalan giants contemplate a 30 million pound bid for the flamboyant center-back.
Chelsea has heard nothing from Barcelona so far this summer and the clear message from Di Matteo on Friday was that they would be wasting their time because Luiz is not up for sale.
“I don’t feel any pressure in that sense. This club has been very, very successful in the past and I don’t see why any player should want to leave us to go anywhere else,”
“We always compete for trophies, it is a very ambitious club with an ambitious owner. A great group of players that over the years have won a lot but still have the hunger to win more. Competition is hot, we have great facilities, everything,” he added.
“David Luiz is part of our long-term future here. It’s normal that he gets interest. It doesn’t concern me. I think the player will be here in the long term,”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Usain Bolt pictured with Brazilian student on 30th Birthday – Photos go Viral!
- India ready to give 'all help': EAM Swaraj to Myanmar
- Iran chastises Russia for publicising use of Iranian bases
- Poll shows that most Israelis, Palestinians still seek peace
- Gionee to set up manufacturing unit, invest Rs 500 crore