Bundesliga 2012: Schalke and Hannover tie match 2-2
Berlin: Schalke 04 and Hannover drew 2-2 in a game where both sides recovered from deficits to close the opening round of Bundesliga.
Hannover shocked the visitors with the opener by Felipe Trevizan Martins until Schalke striker Klaas Jan Huntelaar and midfielder Lewis Holtby turned the match Sunday. Later, Hannover substitute Adrian Nikci earned his side a draw ten minutes before the final whistle.
Both sides staged a moderate first half as they lacked creativity. However, Schalke were able to build up a couple of scoring opportunities.
Hannover flabbergasted their opponents when they opened the scoring against the run of the game, two minutes before break.
Hannover`s new arrival defender Martins had all time and space to head home a free kick by defender Christian Pander.
After the interval, Hannover took the reins hoping to double the lead but instead Schalke equalised the score with the first counter attack, seven minutes into second half.
Dutch international Huntelaar utilised a through ball by Holtby to slot home their first.
The match picked up pace. German international Lewis nodded home a neat cross into the penalty area by midfielder Jermaine Jones from the right wing, getting a 2-1 lead.
The hosts secured a draw with a clinical conversion as Nikci, fielded three minutes earlier, poked home an assist by striker Jan Schlaudraff from close range in the 80th minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra