Bundesliga a role model: Blatter
Zurich: Fifa president Sepp Blatter has labelled the Bundesliga a model for other leagues due to its financial structure and fan experience.
German football is beginning to reap the rewards of a chance in approach in the last decade, with Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund both reaching last season`s Champions League final.
And the Swiss official feels that Europe`s other leagues should learn from the Bundesliga`s example.
"The clubs are absolutely healthy in terms of finances and there are many big players in the teams, while they are also successful in Europe," he told TZ.
"Generally, the Bundesliga is a role model for other leagues. The way the league is run and how the clubs are controlled - I just have to say hats off to them."
Blatter reserved special praise for Bayern, who beat their rivals 2-1 at Wembley to seal their fifth European Cup en route to an historic treble.
"What Bayern achieved last year was simply amazing," he added.
"It was not only successful football, but it was above all technically beautiful football."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'