Bundesliga a role model: Blatter
Zurich: Fifa president Sepp Blatter has labelled the Bundesliga a model for other leagues due to its financial structure and fan experience.
German football is beginning to reap the rewards of a chance in approach in the last decade, with Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund both reaching last season`s Champions League final.
And the Swiss official feels that Europe`s other leagues should learn from the Bundesliga`s example.
"The clubs are absolutely healthy in terms of finances and there are many big players in the teams, while they are also successful in Europe," he told TZ.
"Generally, the Bundesliga is a role model for other leagues. The way the league is run and how the clubs are controlled - I just have to say hats off to them."
Blatter reserved special praise for Bayern, who beat their rivals 2-1 at Wembley to seal their fifth European Cup en route to an historic treble.
"What Bayern achieved last year was simply amazing," he added.
"It was not only successful football, but it was above all technically beautiful football."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Sunil Munjal to step down from Hero MotoCorp Board on August 16
- 'Munnabhai' third part delayed due to Sanjay Dutt biopic: Arshad Warsi
- Companies likely to raise about $75 bn through issuance of green bonds in 2016
- Mayawati slur row: No relief for expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh from Allahabad HC
- OMG! 'Naagin' Mouni Roy has a doppelganger in another TV actress—Picture proof inside