Bundesliga a role model: Blatter
Zurich: Fifa president Sepp Blatter has labelled the Bundesliga a model for other leagues due to its financial structure and fan experience.
German football is beginning to reap the rewards of a chance in approach in the last decade, with Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund both reaching last season`s Champions League final.
And the Swiss official feels that Europe`s other leagues should learn from the Bundesliga`s example.
"The clubs are absolutely healthy in terms of finances and there are many big players in the teams, while they are also successful in Europe," he told TZ.
"Generally, the Bundesliga is a role model for other leagues. The way the league is run and how the clubs are controlled - I just have to say hats off to them."
Blatter reserved special praise for Bayern, who beat their rivals 2-1 at Wembley to seal their fifth European Cup en route to an historic treble.
"What Bayern achieved last year was simply amazing," he added.
"It was not only successful football, but it was above all technically beautiful football."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH