Bundesliga leaders Leverkusen crush Frankfurt 4-0
Leverkusen: Bundesliga leaders Bayer Leverkusen wasted no time in a 4-0 victory over Eintracht Frankfurt.
Leverkusen led 3-0 after 11 minutes, with Stefan Kiessling striking from short-range, a header by Stefan Reinartz and Toni Kroos’ blast high into the net from the edge of the penalty area. Substitute Lars Bender wrapped up matters Friday night from a tight left angle in the 86th.
“We played a great match. We got the three points and can be very happy,” said Kroos.
Leverkusen, the only unbeaten team in the league, opened a four-point lead with now 26 points. Werder Bremen and SV Hamburg have 22 each, and Schalke 04 are fourth with 21. Frankfurt are 10th with 16 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation