Burnley miss chance to move out of bottom three
London: Burnley remained in the Premier League relegation zone after a 1-1 draw at home to Stoke City earned them their first point in five games.
Mid-table Stoke went ahead with yet another goal from their long throw-in routine, Tuncay Sunli getting the finishing touch to Rory Delap`s aerial delivery.
David Nugent`s header put Burnley level after 52 minutes but the hosts could not find the winner that would have lifted them out of the bottom three.
Burnley are third from bottom with 24 points from 29 games, behind Wolverhampton Wanderers on goal difference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees