Cabaye is third Newcastle player barred from US
London: Newcastle United`s troublesome pre-season tour to the USA continued when summer signing Yohan Cabaye became the third player to be denied an entry visa.
The 25-year-old, who joined the English Premier League side from Lille last month for £4.8million (5.5 million euros), had to stay at home with Joey Barton and Nile Ranger, who were also denied entry visas.
Cabaye`s absence is understood to relate to a minor technical issue that has now been resolved.
Barton and Ranger, in contrast, were both denied entry because of their criminal records.
The 28-year-old Barton was given a six-month jail sentence in 2008 after admitting assault and affray, while Ranger, 20, was convicted for his part in a street robbery as a 15-year-old.
On his Twitter account, Barton described the US Embassy`s decision to deny him an entry visa as "hypocrisy".
"Visa story is correct, they told me am not allowed in until I have 5yrs without any trouble. 3yrs down, 2yrs to go...”
"Totally hypocrisy considering what they get up to, but rules are rules..."
All three players will instead join up with Peter Beardsley`s reserves when they head to a training camp in Holland later this week.
It has been a difficult few days for Newcastle, who vowed over the weekend to take action against travelling fans who invaded the pitch during Friday night`s friendly victory at Darlington.
Coach Alan Pardew and his players were due to begin training in Kansas ahead of Wednesday`s opening game of the tour against Sporting Kansas City at Livestrong Sporting Park.
The Magpies will continue their preparations when they face Orlando City on Sunday and Columbus Crew next Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early