Cameroon are strongest side in the tournament: Maldives coach
New Delhi: Maldives coach Istvan Urbanyi has termed called Cameroon the strongest side in the Nehru Cup and India coach Wim Koevermans today spoke in the same vein stating that the `Indomitable Lions` have played some "good football" in the tournament.
Assured of berth in final, the two sides play tomorrow in an inconsequential match, the last in the round-robin stage.
"Cameroon are surely a very strong side. They are capable of playing good football and that`s already on display," Koevermans admitted.
Talking further about the double-header, the Dutchman said,"The match will be interesting. We play Cameroon twice and the final stays the more important one," he goes on.
"The last Group League match gives us a chance to have a look more at our bench."
After his side`s 1-3 defeat to the Cameroon last night, Urbanyi had this to say,"India are a strong side but Cameroon are stronger; in fact, the strongest in this tournament."
"Forget their physical presence, they are much stronger tactically and technically. If you consider the physical ability, speed and endurance, Cameroon are way ahead," Urbanyi added.
Cameroon coach Emmanuel Bosso reiterated that his side is here to win the tournament.
"We have come to India to show to you all what football in Cameroon is all about. We have mesmerised the world with our brand of football. We want India to have a feel of it too," Bosso said.
At 59 in FIFA rankings, Cameroon are the highest ranked nation in the tournament.
It has been raining incessantly in the Capital for the past week or so, and asked about it, Koevermans sounded helpless.
"There`s nothing you can do about the weather. It`s not in anyone`s hands."
Cameroon players are also excited at the prospect of playing infront of their legendary footballer Roger Milla.
"He is our Football Ambassador. He had promised that he will come to cheer for us if we make it to the final. We are all waiting for him," Bosso informed.
As far as the Indians are concerned, Bosso picked not one but three players for special mention.
"India have some good players. The No 6 (Lenny Rodrigues) has impressed me a lot. He can play around in the midfield and stays a potent force. Also, the captain (Sunil Chhetri) and the goalkeeper (Subrata Paul) are key members. But we have our plans in place," Bosso said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- 'We're ready to execute our plans' - Chilling details emerge as NIA busts 'ISIS' terror module
- Animals owe their social sense to their maternal side!
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C