Cameroon`s Charles Edoa Nga signs for Shillong Lajong
Shillong: Shillong Lajong FC today announced the signing of Cameroon International Charles Edoa Nga for the upcoming I-League season.
Edoa, 23, played for the U-17 national football team in 2006 and the U-20 national football team in 2008, SLFC stated in a release.
The young striker joined Union Douala in 2008 which competes in the Cameroon domestic league - MTN Elite One.
During his first season at the top level, he went on to score two goals and was the top scorer of the club in 2011. He has gained immense exposure and experience from playing in the 2009 CAF Confederations Cup and has also impressed observers with his pace and strength.
"I am very happy and looking forward to joining Shillong Lajong FC. So my main focus is to go there, play well for the team,and bring joy to the fans," said Edoa who is known to have the ability to play on either flanks or as a striker.
The striker will look to form partnership with Trinidad and Tobago international Cornell Glen who was signed by the club last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley
- Afghan govt seeks extension for refugees to stay in Pakistan
- Asus Zenfone 3 series to be launched in India today