Cameroon`s Charles Edoa Nga signs for Shillong Lajong
Shillong: Shillong Lajong FC today announced the signing of Cameroon International Charles Edoa Nga for the upcoming I-League season.
Edoa, 23, played for the U-17 national football team in 2006 and the U-20 national football team in 2008, SLFC stated in a release.
The young striker joined Union Douala in 2008 which competes in the Cameroon domestic league - MTN Elite One.
During his first season at the top level, he went on to score two goals and was the top scorer of the club in 2011. He has gained immense exposure and experience from playing in the 2009 CAF Confederations Cup and has also impressed observers with his pace and strength.
"I am very happy and looking forward to joining Shillong Lajong FC. So my main focus is to go there, play well for the team,and bring joy to the fans," said Edoa who is known to have the ability to play on either flanks or as a striker.
The striker will look to form partnership with Trinidad and Tobago international Cornell Glen who was signed by the club last week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know