Cameroon`s Charles Edoa Nga signs for Shillong Lajong
Shillong: Shillong Lajong FC today announced the signing of Cameroon International Charles Edoa Nga for the upcoming I-League season.
Edoa, 23, played for the U-17 national football team in 2006 and the U-20 national football team in 2008, SLFC stated in a release.
The young striker joined Union Douala in 2008 which competes in the Cameroon domestic league - MTN Elite One.
During his first season at the top level, he went on to score two goals and was the top scorer of the club in 2011. He has gained immense exposure and experience from playing in the 2009 CAF Confederations Cup and has also impressed observers with his pace and strength.
"I am very happy and looking forward to joining Shillong Lajong FC. So my main focus is to go there, play well for the team,and bring joy to the fans," said Edoa who is known to have the ability to play on either flanks or as a striker.
The striker will look to form partnership with Trinidad and Tobago international Cornell Glen who was signed by the club last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?