Capello happy with Russia World Cup draw
Moscow: Russia manager Fabio Capello said Monday that he considered his team to be the favourites of the 2014 World Cup Group H ahead of Belgium, South Korea and Algeria.
"Everybody is saying that Belgium are the favourites in our group, but I feel that it`s Russia who are the true favourites," Capello was quoted as saying by Sport Express daily.
"I`m pleased with the draw. But I`m pleased even more with the fact that we will play in Cuiaba, Curitiba and Rio de Janeiro," Capello said.
"We were lucky from the logistics point of view as we have avoided playing in the northeast of Brazil where the weather is so hot and humid in summer."
The 67-year-old Italian coach added that he would like to chose town of Campinas, which is situated not far from Sao Paulo, as his team`s base for next summer`s competition.
Capello said that Group H contained four strong teams and that he would not under-estimate them.
"Belgium are an excellent team consisting of young and skilled players," he said. "We will need to find the means to cope with them."
"Korea are also very serious opponents. My friend (Alberto) Zaccheroni, who is coaching Japan, has advised me to be very careful with them. And I`m set to study their style thoroughly."
The former England manager said that he has the experience of playing against Algeria at the 2010 World Cup where England drew 0-0 with the African squad.
"I remember that match. It was really tough to oppose Algeria," Capello said. "But we (England) managed to make in into the play-offs anyway."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city