Capello keen to be full-time Chelsea manager
London: Former England manager Fabio Capello is keen to take up the vacant manager’s position at Chelsea but at the same time is also contemplating taking up a highly-rewarding job of United Arab Emirate’s head coach.
A decision on Capello’s future is expected to be made soon, but he had claimed earlier that he is interested in a Premier League job.
The Italian’s s representatives are in contact with Chelsea to find out whether he could be considered as a full-time appointment now that the season is drawing to a close.
Although Chelsea is not treating Capello as a leading candidate at present, the club is understood to have made known information about their training ground and facilities to him, The Telegraph reports.
Capello has also made it clear to Chelsea that he would be willing to overhaul the squad and make the changes in personnel that Roman Abramovich still appears keen to push through this summer, with Didier Drogba and Florent Malouda among the players expected to leave.
Capello has been put forward as the next manager of the United Arab Emirates and his chances of taking that job have improved with another candidate, Marcelo Lippi, having accepted a club job in China.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply