Capello not to cancel contract as Russia coach
Moscow: Russia`s national football team coach Fabio Capello is not going to cancel his contract as some media have suggested, the Russian Football Union (RFS) said.
"Capello has a contract with the Russian Football Union, and he has repeatedly said about how happy he is with the Russian football and that he intends to go ahead," RFS chief Nikolai Tolstykh told a local media on Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
Tolstykh added he was confident that Fabio Capello, 67, would take Russia to the World Cup final in Brazil in 2014.
Earlier on Wednesday, some French and Italian media suggested Capello could be appointed as a coach of the Paris Saint-Germain club in the near future.
According to the RFS head, the Italian is to visit the Confederations Cup in Brazil in the coming days.
Capello has brought the Russian team to second place in the World Cup`s Group F, just two points behind leaders Portugal. Besides, Russia has two more games in hand over the Portuguese team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists