Capello not to cancel contract as Russia coach
Moscow: Russia`s national football team coach Fabio Capello is not going to cancel his contract as some media have suggested, the Russian Football Union (RFS) said.
"Capello has a contract with the Russian Football Union, and he has repeatedly said about how happy he is with the Russian football and that he intends to go ahead," RFS chief Nikolai Tolstykh told a local media on Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
Tolstykh added he was confident that Fabio Capello, 67, would take Russia to the World Cup final in Brazil in 2014.
Earlier on Wednesday, some French and Italian media suggested Capello could be appointed as a coach of the Paris Saint-Germain club in the near future.
According to the RFS head, the Italian is to visit the Confederations Cup in Brazil in the coming days.
Capello has brought the Russian team to second place in the World Cup`s Group F, just two points behind leaders Portugal. Besides, Russia has two more games in hand over the Portuguese team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional