Capello to live in Russia if chosen as coach
Moscow: Former England coach Fabio Capello would live in Russia if he is chosen to fill the vacant Russia job, the acting head of the Russian Football Union Nikita Simonyan said.
Capello was in Moscow on Thursday for talks about taking the job after he was named on the union`s shortlist of 13 coaches, Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko told R-Sport.
Other coaches are due to come to Moscow for interviews in the coming days, Mutko said.
Living in Russia would make a stark contrast to Russia`s last two coaches, Dutchmen Guus Hiddink and Dick Advocaat, who only spent time in the country for matches and training camps.
"He isn`t planning to shoot in and out of our country. Instead, he`s planning to settle, to live here," Simonyan said.
"He said that. It was stated rather clearly and I have no grounds not to believe him."
A source close to the leadership of the union, told R-Sport last week that Capello is likely to be offered a two-year contract.
That would cover the period until the end of the 2014 World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999
- India vs West Indies, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- Need to change laws, speed up processes to transform India: PM Narendra Modi