Capello to live in Russia if chosen as coach
Moscow: Former England coach Fabio Capello would live in Russia if he is chosen to fill the vacant Russia job, the acting head of the Russian Football Union Nikita Simonyan said.
Capello was in Moscow on Thursday for talks about taking the job after he was named on the union`s shortlist of 13 coaches, Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko told R-Sport.
Other coaches are due to come to Moscow for interviews in the coming days, Mutko said.
Living in Russia would make a stark contrast to Russia`s last two coaches, Dutchmen Guus Hiddink and Dick Advocaat, who only spent time in the country for matches and training camps.
"He isn`t planning to shoot in and out of our country. Instead, he`s planning to settle, to live here," Simonyan said.
"He said that. It was stated rather clearly and I have no grounds not to believe him."
A source close to the leadership of the union, told R-Sport last week that Capello is likely to be offered a two-year contract.
That would cover the period until the end of the 2014 World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr