Capello to live in Russia if chosen as coach
Moscow: Former England coach Fabio Capello would live in Russia if he is chosen to fill the vacant Russia job, the acting head of the Russian Football Union Nikita Simonyan said.
Capello was in Moscow on Thursday for talks about taking the job after he was named on the union`s shortlist of 13 coaches, Russian Sports Minister Vitaly Mutko told R-Sport.
Other coaches are due to come to Moscow for interviews in the coming days, Mutko said.
Living in Russia would make a stark contrast to Russia`s last two coaches, Dutchmen Guus Hiddink and Dick Advocaat, who only spent time in the country for matches and training camps.
"He isn`t planning to shoot in and out of our country. Instead, he`s planning to settle, to live here," Simonyan said.
"He said that. It was stated rather clearly and I have no grounds not to believe him."
A source close to the leadership of the union, told R-Sport last week that Capello is likely to be offered a two-year contract.
That would cover the period until the end of the 2014 World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University