Capello wishes Hodgson luck, but cautions him about tough road ahead
London: Former England manager Fabio Capello has wished Roy Hodgson good luck for his tenure as their national team manager, but also warned him of the difficulties he would face while managing them.
Capello believes managing a club and managing a national team like England are both very different with the latter one being the tougher of the two.
“As a club manager, you are a manager. As a national team manager, you are a selector. You cannot work with and get the best out of the players all of the time because some are injured, some are not in a top moment, some are unhappy with their club`s position, some have a problem with their manager,” The Daily Mirror quoted Capello, as saying.
“It`s not a normal job. It`s difficult to create something. You can`t do something in a short space of time. The idea is to create the team spirit and winning mentality in a really short time. This is very difficult. It will be hard,” he added.
“And, the other thing is, that you don`t play a lot of games. In nearly every game, you are either in or out,” he said.
Capello was hopeful England would perform well in the Euros, which would justify his work with the national team.
“I`ve known Roy since he was coaching in Italy and I have met him often in these last few years. I believe he is a very good and experienced manager. I wish him all the best for the future and Euro 2012,” Capello said.
“I`m happy with the job I did for England. I hope that England will be one of the best teams at the Euros and they can show my job was really good. If things go well as I hope, people will recognise that I did a good job,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends