Cardiff boss Solksjaer swoops for Eirem
London: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made his first signing as Cardiff manager when the Premier League side announced Wednesday his fellow Norwegian Magnus Wolff Eikrem had joined for an undisclosed fee from Dutch side Heerenveen.
The 23-year-old Eirem is also a former Manchester United youth team player, where Old Trafford favourite Solskjaer got to know him as a coach.
"I`ve known Magnus for many years, having worked with him at Manchester United and then signing him for Molde," Solskjaer told Cardiff`s official website.
"While I was there I had to sell him as he was our best player and now I feel lucky to get to sign him again for Cardiff City for a reasonable price. I see this as money well spent.
"He`s a playmaker, a quarterback if you will, someone who likes to get on the ball and can see a pass.
"He is technically very good, including set-pieces, and has great vision. Magnus will add a lot to Cardiff City and will blend in very well with the midfielders in the squad."
Solskjaer won his first game in charge of Cardiff when the Welsh side knocked Newcastle out of the FA Cup with a 2-1 victory on Saturday.
The 40-year-old has signed a rolling contract with Cardiff after Malky Mackay was sacked on December 27 following the collapse of his relationship with controversial owner Vincent Tan.
The Malaysian also angered fans in 2012 when he forced Cardiff to change their traditional blue colours to red, but Solskjaer described reports former United manager Alex Ferguson had warned him not to take the job as "absolute nonsense".
Cardiff are currently just a point above the relegation zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok