Cardiff defender loaned to Saint-Etienne
London: Cardiff City defender Kevin Theophile-Catherine has returned to his native France, joining Saint-Etienne on a season-long loan, the Ligue 1 club announced on Monday.
Saint-Etienne have an option to make the deal permanent for the 24-year-old Brittany-born full-back, who played in the Premier League last season for Cardiff after joining from Rennes.
However, with Cardiff having been relegated to the Championship, he comes back to France to become Les Verts` third summer signing.
They have already recruited winger Kevin Monnet-Paquet from Lorient and Dutch striker Ricky van Wolfswinkel on loan from Norwich City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning
- Now recharge your body and phone with KFC's 'Watt a Box' meal!- Watch
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid