Carles Puyol talks are on track: Barcelona Vice-President
Barcelona: Negotiations with Carles Puyol about an extension to his current deal are going well and Barcelona are keen for him to sign and ensure that he stays, according to the clubs` vice-president Rafael Yuste.
The Blaugrana official spoke out after the player`s agent stated that his client could leave instead of penning a new agreement, because he feels unsettled.
Puyol`s discontent at Barca stems from his inability to settle into one position in Pep Guardiola`s team, after being used right across the back four as the team swept to the treble last term.
Rather than following in the footsteps of other Catalan icons by agreeing to sign a new contract, the Spain international has instead revealed that he would prefer to wait and see what happens this season.
Yuste insists, however, that there is no problem and that a deal will soon be reached as talks have been going well.
"His renewal is on track," Yuste told reporters in Catalunya.
"We want him to stay for what he represents, because he is the captain and has Catalan identity."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands