Carles Puyol to make Barcelona return against Zaragoza
Barcelona: Carles Puyol is set to make his return from injury in Barcelona’s Saturday clash with Zaragoza.
The Blaugrana captain has been sidelined since suffering an elbow injury in his side`s 2-0 win over Benfica on October 2, but has handed coach Tito Vilanova a timely boost after coming through training unscathed.
"Puyol has had a few games training with the group and lacks match fitness," Vilanova told reporters at a press conference.
"However, since his elbow injury he has not stopped and that`s pretty great."
The 43-year-old now has both of his first-choice centre-backs available for selection, with Gerard Pique playing all 90 minutes of his side`s 4-2 victory over Mallorca on Sunday.
The Catalan club head into Saturday`s contest top of La Liga on 31 points, three ahead of second placed Atletico Madrid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell