Carlo Ancelotti excited to take Paris Saint-Germain job
Paris: The Italian was confirmed as Antoine Kombouare`s replacement in the Parc des Princes hot-seat on Friday, signing a two-year contract with a view to transforming the Ligue 1 leaders into big players in European football.
“I`m very happy to be here,” Ancelotti told the official Ligue 1 website.
“When I left [AC] Milan for an overseas experience, I was thinking of heading to England, Spain or France. Chelsea was a great opportunity, but I`m convinced that working in Paris will be a fantastic experience.”
“I`m happy and excited. After six months off [since leaving Chelsea], it was really time to get back into it. There is a golden opportunity here to do some great work. This club has all the ingredients to make the most of my experience and knowledge and, above all, to enjoy great success.”
“The club has big ambitions, so naturally I`m very pleased and very enthusiastic to be part of this project. The hard work starts now.”
The 52-year-old added that he would not be changing things drastically at the club in his first few months in charge as he learns more about the team which he has inherited, who currently sit atop Ligue 1 with a three-point lead.
“I haven`t come here to turn everything on its head,” stated the two-time Champions League-winning coach.”
“I`m taking over a side halfway through a season, and the side is on top of the table and has played some excellent matches.”
“I`m here to bring my experience and my knowledge to bear. I`ll take my time to get an idea of what my players are like and only then will I make decisions about making any adjustments.”
“There is a lot of quality in this side, especially going forward. I want us to play a dynamic game, but above all I want to create an effective side that gets results.”
Ancelotti will be reunited at PSG with sporting director Leonardo, with whom he worked together at San Siro when the Brazilian was both a player and a director.
“I`ve always had a great relationship with Leonardo,” said the Italian. “We`re friends, and when you have a good relationship like ours, it makes a lot of things to do with work run a lot smoother. But we also have a huge responsibility here, because we know how ambitious the club and club`s owners are.
“It`s a huge challenge that lies ahead, and that`s a source of great motivation and excitement. We all want to achieve something fantastic here and to install PSG on the international scene.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj