Carragher calls Suarez Premier League’s best player
London: Veteran Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher has claimed teammate Luis Suarez, who is Premier League’s leading scorer, is currently top flight’s best striker.
Carragher said he has maintained for the last year that the Uruguayan is the best player in the league, and feels Suarez has answered the critics who claimed he did not score enough goals.
“I’ve said for 12 months now that he’s the best player in the Premier League, because he’s maybe not playing alongside the kind of players that, for example, the Chelsea players can play alongside,” a daily quoted Carragher, as saying.
“He’s one of the best players in world football and we are delighted to have him. He does things in a game that we see him doing in training on a daily basis,” he added.
“There’s always that question, I think being asked unfairly, of whether he scores enough goals, but isn’t he the top scorer in the league at the moment? And that’s in a team that hasn’t won that many league games this season, don’t forget,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi