Carvajal returns to Real Madrid
Madrid: Real Madrid announced their first signing of the summer when it was confirmed that right back Daniel Carvajal has returned after spending a year with German side, Bayer Leverkusen.
Real Madrid are thought to have paid around eight million euros ($10.4 million) for the Spain Under-21 international, who prior to moving to Germany, had spent his entire career in the Real Madrid youth system.
The 21-year-old is a right-sided defender, who is able to join the attack with ease and last season saw him named as the best right back in Germany by newspaper Bild.
He will provide competition for Alvaro Arbeloa in the role and his incorporation will be especially important, given that Michael Essien, who has covered on the right on occasions this season, was only on loan at the club.
Carvajal`s return to Real Madrid comes on the same day that Bayer Leverkusen announced that they have signed goalkeeper Andres Palop from Sevilla. Palop has agreed a one season deal with the option of a second year depending on appearances.
Meanwhile, Betis coach, Pepe Mel and the club have reached agreement on a new contract for Mel, who saw how his side drew away to Levante Saturday to secure a place in next season`s Europa League.
Betis` performances this season and Mel`s leadership have seen him sign a three-year extension to his contract, which had been due to expire in June 2014 and Mel will now remain as Betis coach until June 2017.
On the day that Neymar was presented to the fans at FC Barcelona`s Camp Nou Stadium, Barca`s B-team striker, Gerard Deulofeu accepted that he would be willing to go out on loan next season.
Deulofeu recently extended his contract with Barca and the striker, who scored 18 goals in 30 appearances for the B-team, as well as making four first team appearances, accepts that in the short term, he may need to move elsewhere to gain first team experience.
Finally, on a busy day in the transfer market, the Spanish press insist Sevilla`s Spain international winger, Jesus Navas is on the verge of sealing a 25 million euro move to English Premier League side, Manchester City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Official pictures from mehendi/ sangeet ceremony are here
- Crucial file on 'truth behind Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose's disappearance' destroyed in 1972
- Russian woman raped in Goa by guest house owner
- Nobody can portray Lakhan better than me: Anil Kapoor
- PHOTOS: How Mumbai Indians' captain Rohit Sharma celebrated his 29th birthday!