Carvajal returns to Real Madrid
Madrid: Real Madrid announced their first signing of the summer when it was confirmed that right back Daniel Carvajal has returned after spending a year with German side, Bayer Leverkusen.
Real Madrid are thought to have paid around eight million euros ($10.4 million) for the Spain Under-21 international, who prior to moving to Germany, had spent his entire career in the Real Madrid youth system.
The 21-year-old is a right-sided defender, who is able to join the attack with ease and last season saw him named as the best right back in Germany by newspaper Bild.
He will provide competition for Alvaro Arbeloa in the role and his incorporation will be especially important, given that Michael Essien, who has covered on the right on occasions this season, was only on loan at the club.
Carvajal`s return to Real Madrid comes on the same day that Bayer Leverkusen announced that they have signed goalkeeper Andres Palop from Sevilla. Palop has agreed a one season deal with the option of a second year depending on appearances.
Meanwhile, Betis coach, Pepe Mel and the club have reached agreement on a new contract for Mel, who saw how his side drew away to Levante Saturday to secure a place in next season`s Europa League.
Betis` performances this season and Mel`s leadership have seen him sign a three-year extension to his contract, which had been due to expire in June 2014 and Mel will now remain as Betis coach until June 2017.
On the day that Neymar was presented to the fans at FC Barcelona`s Camp Nou Stadium, Barca`s B-team striker, Gerard Deulofeu accepted that he would be willing to go out on loan next season.
Deulofeu recently extended his contract with Barca and the striker, who scored 18 goals in 30 appearances for the B-team, as well as making four first team appearances, accepts that in the short term, he may need to move elsewhere to gain first team experience.
Finally, on a busy day in the transfer market, the Spanish press insist Sevilla`s Spain international winger, Jesus Navas is on the verge of sealing a 25 million euro move to English Premier League side, Manchester City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC