Carvalho signs for Monaco
Monaco: Ricardo Carvalho is the latest player to sign for Monaco after agreeing a one-year deal with the French club.
The 35-year-old defender, who spent three seasons at Real Madrid before his switch to Claudio Ranieri`s side, completed his move to the Principality on Tuesday where he will join Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez, who recently completed a €70m switch from Porto.
Carvalho told the official club website: "I`m very happy to join Monaco and to be part of the new adventure. This is a new challenge for me."
The newly-promoted Ligue 1 side backed by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev are also close to finalising a deal for Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, who was in Monaco for a medical on Tuesday, and Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes is reportedly close to sealing a move.
Carvalho was in the Champions League-winning Porto side which beat Monaco 3-0 in the 2004 final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources