Carvalho signs for Monaco
Monaco: Ricardo Carvalho is the latest player to sign for Monaco after agreeing a one-year deal with the French club.
The 35-year-old defender, who spent three seasons at Real Madrid before his switch to Claudio Ranieri`s side, completed his move to the Principality on Tuesday where he will join Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez, who recently completed a €70m switch from Porto.
Carvalho told the official club website: "I`m very happy to join Monaco and to be part of the new adventure. This is a new challenge for me."
The newly-promoted Ligue 1 side backed by Russian billionaire Dmitry Rybolovlev are also close to finalising a deal for Atletico Madrid striker Radamel Falcao, who was in Monaco for a medical on Tuesday, and Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes is reportedly close to sealing a move.
Carvalho was in the Champions League-winning Porto side which beat Monaco 3-0 in the 2004 final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145