Casillas & Torres make Spain squad for Confederations Cup
Spain: Spain coach Vicente del Bosque has included Iker Casillas and Fernando Torres in his 26-man provisional squad for this summer`s Confederations Cup.
The Real Madrid goalkeeper earns his first call-up since recovering from a hand injury, but Del Bosque feels Casillas remains a key figure for Spain regardless of his lack of match action after being usurped by Diego Lopez at club level.
Torres, meanwhile, makes his comeback for the national side after impressing for Chelsea in the past few months, with his goal in the 2-1 Europa League final win over Benfica the highlight of his season.
Furthermore, Bayern Munich midfielder Javi Martinez also returns after missing out on the last Spain squad, while Benat and Javi Garcia have made the cut, too.
David de Gea, Isco and Thiago Alcantara were called up for the Under-21 side taking part in the European Championships in Israel this summer and are therefore unavailable.
Spain meet Uruguay, Tahiti and Nigeria at the Confederations Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming