Cassano hits out at AC Milan

Last Updated: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 13:24

Rome: Italian striker Antonio Cassano has made a verbal attack on AC Milan after completing a move to Inter Milan.

Cassano, 30, who joined Milan`s city rivals this week in a swap deal, spoke out against his former club at his first press conference as a Nerazzurri player.

"(Inter president) Massimo Moratti told me many things, but I won`t reveal them,"

"He wanted me here since the days of Roberto Mancini. However, as I was completely crazy at the time, it was right not to sign me.

"Earlier, I used to get quite angry but now I am a relaxed and calm person, so it`s a good decision to bring me to Inter.

"When I joined Milan, I said that if I got it wrong there then I ought to be locked up. Well, this time I`m not the one who got it wrong. I had to leave.

"There was someone above the coach who did something wrong and I can`t stand it when people take me for a ride."

Cassano has not previously spoken about why he left Milan. But on Saturday he appeared to indicate that the club`s vice-president, Adriano Galliani, was the cause of his problems.

"When I was ill (Cassano had heart surgery last season), my teammates were very close to me, but this person promised so much. But it was all smoke and no fire.

"This time I want to deal with men who let me know when things are right or wrong. I want to be told face to face what the real situation is. Elsewhere, they say one thing but another," he said.

IANS



First Published: Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 13:24

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus