Cassano hits out at AC Milan
Rome: Italian striker Antonio Cassano has made a verbal attack on AC Milan after completing a move to Inter Milan.
Cassano, 30, who joined Milan`s city rivals this week in a swap deal, spoke out against his former club at his first press conference as a Nerazzurri player.
"(Inter president) Massimo Moratti told me many things, but I won`t reveal them,"
"He wanted me here since the days of Roberto Mancini. However, as I was completely crazy at the time, it was right not to sign me.
"Earlier, I used to get quite angry but now I am a relaxed and calm person, so it`s a good decision to bring me to Inter.
"When I joined Milan, I said that if I got it wrong there then I ought to be locked up. Well, this time I`m not the one who got it wrong. I had to leave.
"There was someone above the coach who did something wrong and I can`t stand it when people take me for a ride."
Cassano has not previously spoken about why he left Milan. But on Saturday he appeared to indicate that the club`s vice-president, Adriano Galliani, was the cause of his problems.
"When I was ill (Cassano had heart surgery last season), my teammates were very close to me, but this person promised so much. But it was all smoke and no fire.
"This time I want to deal with men who let me know when things are right or wrong. I want to be told face to face what the real situation is. Elsewhere, they say one thing but another," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read