Cassano hits out at AC Milan
Rome: Italian striker Antonio Cassano has made a verbal attack on AC Milan after completing a move to Inter Milan.
Cassano, 30, who joined Milan`s city rivals this week in a swap deal, spoke out against his former club at his first press conference as a Nerazzurri player.
"(Inter president) Massimo Moratti told me many things, but I won`t reveal them,"
"He wanted me here since the days of Roberto Mancini. However, as I was completely crazy at the time, it was right not to sign me.
"Earlier, I used to get quite angry but now I am a relaxed and calm person, so it`s a good decision to bring me to Inter.
"When I joined Milan, I said that if I got it wrong there then I ought to be locked up. Well, this time I`m not the one who got it wrong. I had to leave.
"There was someone above the coach who did something wrong and I can`t stand it when people take me for a ride."
Cassano has not previously spoken about why he left Milan. But on Saturday he appeared to indicate that the club`s vice-president, Adriano Galliani, was the cause of his problems.
"When I was ill (Cassano had heart surgery last season), my teammates were very close to me, but this person promised so much. But it was all smoke and no fire.
"This time I want to deal with men who let me know when things are right or wrong. I want to be told face to face what the real situation is. Elsewhere, they say one thing but another," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory