Cassano ruled out of game against Roma
Rome: Parma head coach Roberto Donadoni has confirmed that Antonio Cassano has been ruled out of the rescheduled game against Roma due to an ankle injury.
Donadoni explained Tuesday that he chose not to take Cassano as it could complicate his injury, reported Xinhua.
Cassano was not included in the squad going south for the Serie A tie, which was rained off after 10 minutes in February.
"Cassano got a knock to the ankle Sunday," he said.
"He couldn`t even put his foot down. It seems better now, but it can affect his performance. I don`t want to risk anyone`s health or provide problems for the future, so we don`t have Antonio at our disposal," he added.
Cassano was in fine form and Italy head coach Cesare Prandelli was reportedly considering to take him to the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief