Catania sack Rolando Maran, appoint Luigi Di Canio
Rome: Serie A strugglers Catania announced the sacking of coach Rolando Maran and the appointment of successor Luigi Di Canio on Sunday.
The news came a day after Catania, 17th in the Italian top flight, fell 2-1 to Cagliari after playing the second half with 10 men.
It also comes less than six months after Maran, 50, led the Sicilian side to eighth place with a best ever 56-point finish.
Di Canio, 56, has been called to the helm despite not having coached since his sacking by Genoa in October, 2012.
Maran is the second coach to be sacked in Serie A this season after Genoa`s Fabio Liverani was replaced by Gian Piero Gasperini on September 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends