Catania sack Rolando Maran, appoint Luigi Di Canio
Rome: Serie A strugglers Catania announced the sacking of coach Rolando Maran and the appointment of successor Luigi Di Canio on Sunday.
The news came a day after Catania, 17th in the Italian top flight, fell 2-1 to Cagliari after playing the second half with 10 men.
It also comes less than six months after Maran, 50, led the Sicilian side to eighth place with a best ever 56-point finish.
Di Canio, 56, has been called to the helm despite not having coached since his sacking by Genoa in October, 2012.
Maran is the second coach to be sacked in Serie A this season after Genoa`s Fabio Liverani was replaced by Gian Piero Gasperini on September 29.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Senegal says ex-president Wade`s son freed after graft pardon
- OUCET 2016 Results declared; download Osmania University Common Entrance Tests 2016 Rank Card here
- Will have to see how implementation rolls out: Verma on Brexit
- Danish government-allied populists call for EU vote, PM rejects
- Three killed in shooting at Ankara hospital: reports