Cavani can leave for £60m: Napoli president
Naples: Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis says Edinson Cavani will be allowed to leave the Partenopei this summer - but only if a club matches his £60 million buy-out clause.
Cavani has been routinely linked with Premier League duo Chelsea and Manchester City this season, with Paris Saint-Germain also reported to be interested in the 26-year-old.
It was previously thought that the Uruguay international had a release fee much less than the figure quoted by the Naples club, but it now seems only an extraordinary bid will be enough to prize him away.
"We included a very high buy-out clause in his contract because we want him to stay at Napoli," De Laurentiis told reporters.
"The clause exists, though, and if some nutter is willing to pay €70m [£60m] for him, which would mean a net fee of €63m [£54m] for Napoli, we are ready to listen to the offer.
"However, let it be clear that the final decision lies with Edinson.
"He knows that he`s respected here and that the people love him. Not just for his goals, but also because he`s a serious and polite person."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!