Cavani can leave for £60m: Napoli president
Naples: Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis says Edinson Cavani will be allowed to leave the Partenopei this summer - but only if a club matches his £60 million buy-out clause.
Cavani has been routinely linked with Premier League duo Chelsea and Manchester City this season, with Paris Saint-Germain also reported to be interested in the 26-year-old.
It was previously thought that the Uruguay international had a release fee much less than the figure quoted by the Naples club, but it now seems only an extraordinary bid will be enough to prize him away.
"We included a very high buy-out clause in his contract because we want him to stay at Napoli," De Laurentiis told reporters.
"The clause exists, though, and if some nutter is willing to pay €70m [£60m] for him, which would mean a net fee of €63m [£54m] for Napoli, we are ready to listen to the offer.
"However, let it be clear that the final decision lies with Edinson.
"He knows that he`s respected here and that the people love him. Not just for his goals, but also because he`s a serious and polite person."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- DNA : Today in History, 22nd August 2016