Celtic captain Scott Brown gets three-game ban for Neymar kick
London: Celtic captain Scott Brown was on Thursday given a three-game Champions League ban by UEFA after being sent off for kicking Barcelona superstar Neymar.
Brown was shown a straight red card for bringing the Brazilian down and then kicking out at him during the second half of the Group H game at Celtic Park on October 1, which Barcelona went on to win 1-0.
Brown`s dismissal automatically ruled him out of Celtic`s home game with Ajax on Tuesday and he will now also miss the return game in Amsterdam and the visit of AC Milan.
"UEFA`s Control and Disciplinary Committee has suspended Celtic FC`s Scott Brown for the next three UEFA competition matches for which he would otherwise be eligible following his dismissal in the UEFA Champions League matchday two fixture against FC Barcelona in Glasgow," read a statement from European governing body UEFA.
At the time, Celtic manager Neil Lennon described French referee Stephane Lannoy`s decision to dismiss Brown as "very soft".
The Scottish champions reacted to the news of Brown`s three-match suspension by announcing that he would appeal against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly