Celtic captain Scott Brown gets three-game ban for Neymar kick
London: Celtic captain Scott Brown was on Thursday given a three-game Champions League ban by UEFA after being sent off for kicking Barcelona superstar Neymar.
Brown was shown a straight red card for bringing the Brazilian down and then kicking out at him during the second half of the Group H game at Celtic Park on October 1, which Barcelona went on to win 1-0.
Brown`s dismissal automatically ruled him out of Celtic`s home game with Ajax on Tuesday and he will now also miss the return game in Amsterdam and the visit of AC Milan.
"UEFA`s Control and Disciplinary Committee has suspended Celtic FC`s Scott Brown for the next three UEFA competition matches for which he would otherwise be eligible following his dismissal in the UEFA Champions League matchday two fixture against FC Barcelona in Glasgow," read a statement from European governing body UEFA.
At the time, Celtic manager Neil Lennon described French referee Stephane Lannoy`s decision to dismiss Brown as "very soft".
The Scottish champions reacted to the news of Brown`s three-match suspension by announcing that he would appeal against it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling