Celtic quiet Sounders to get first win of Tour
Seattle: Celtic beat the Seattle Sounders 2-1 Sunday to claim the first win of their North American Tour.
After a 1-0 loss to Major League Soccer side the Philadelphia Union and a 3-1 mauling from Manchester United in Toronto, the Scottish league runners-up finally got a win thanks to goals from Georgios Samaras and Patrick McCourt.
Samaras scored the opener in the 33rd minute from the penalty spot. The Sounders were reduced to 10 men when keeper Terry Boss was shown a red card for bringing down Samaras.
McCourt added to the Celtic advantage scoring on the counter-attack in the 64th minute while David Estrada answered for the Sounders two minutes later to give the home crowd a consolation goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj