Celtic quiet Sounders to get first win of Tour
Seattle: Celtic beat the Seattle Sounders 2-1 Sunday to claim the first win of their North American Tour.
After a 1-0 loss to Major League Soccer side the Philadelphia Union and a 3-1 mauling from Manchester United in Toronto, the Scottish league runners-up finally got a win thanks to goals from Georgios Samaras and Patrick McCourt.
Samaras scored the opener in the 33rd minute from the penalty spot. The Sounders were reduced to 10 men when keeper Terry Boss was shown a red card for bringing down Samaras.
McCourt added to the Celtic advantage scoring on the counter-attack in the 64th minute while David Estrada answered for the Sounders two minutes later to give the home crowd a consolation goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh