Cesare Maldini praises Italy coach for doing fabulous job
Rome: Former national football coach Paolo Maldini has praised Cesare Prandelli for doing a fabulous job with Italy.
Prandelli took over the Azzuris following a disappointing showing at the 2010 World Cup. He then steered the team to the Euro 2012 finals and is now plotting success at Brazil 2014.
"This national team is beautiful, fun and creates enthusiasm," Maldini, who coached Italy at the 1998 World Cup, told Radio Onda Libera.
"They are playing well and attracting attention."
Prandelli has opened the door to youth and focused on getting the Azzurri playing a bright brand of football.
"Prandelli is the right man to take this side far," the former Milan legend, father of Paolo Maldini, continued.
"He knows how to convey serenity and confidence. He`s wise, he explains things well and he avoids controversy.
"He also has so many youngsters who he can focus on with his eyes closed. Look at Mario Balotelli and Stephan El Shaarawy, players with extraordinary talent. They can only grow and mature," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`