Chamakh says Fabregas, Nasri will leave Arsenal
London: Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh believes his team mates Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri will be sold once manager Arsene Wenger identifies the replacements.
“I think both are close to leaving. The manager is looking for replacements, has not found them, and before letting [Fabregas and Nasri] go, he wants to have someone to fill each of their positions,” the Moroccan international striker said.
“Nasri has just one year left on his contract. If they do not sell him, he will leave for free in the summer. Is the club disposed to reject 18 million pounds to keep a player that good for just one year? It is strange that a club like Arsenal has not made him sign a contract earlier.”
Wenger has already added the Ivorian forward Gervinho and Southampton winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to his squad this summer, for a combined cost of around 26 million pounds, while he has been granted a work permit for Japanese teenager Ryo Miyaichi.
Wenger is believed to be keen to boost his midfield options further, with Valencia’s Juan Mata a target.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog