Chamakh says Fabregas, Nasri will leave Arsenal
London: Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh believes his team mates Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri will be sold once manager Arsene Wenger identifies the replacements.
“I think both are close to leaving. The manager is looking for replacements, has not found them, and before letting [Fabregas and Nasri] go, he wants to have someone to fill each of their positions,” the Moroccan international striker said.
“Nasri has just one year left on his contract. If they do not sell him, he will leave for free in the summer. Is the club disposed to reject 18 million pounds to keep a player that good for just one year? It is strange that a club like Arsenal has not made him sign a contract earlier.”
Wenger has already added the Ivorian forward Gervinho and Southampton winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain to his squad this summer, for a combined cost of around 26 million pounds, while he has been granted a work permit for Japanese teenager Ryo Miyaichi.
Wenger is believed to be keen to boost his midfield options further, with Valencia’s Juan Mata a target.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?
- Flood alert: Situation remains grim in Assam, Arunachal, railways affected in Bihar
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets