Champions Dortmund open against Hamburg
Berlin: Champions Borussia Dortmund will open their Bundesliga title defense at home against Hamburg on August 5, the German Football League (DFL) announced on Tuesday.
"It`s an exciting opening fixture against Hamburg, a club that failed to live up to expectations last season but against whom we have some great battles," said Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc.
Jurgen Klopp`s side will first meet Schalke 04 in the German SuperCup on July 4 and 23, and will then face some stiff tests against Bayer Leverkuson in the fourth round of the Bundesligan and Europa League contenders Hanover two rounds later.
Dortmund`s clash with the Bundesliga`s most titled club Bayern Munich will take place on round 13 with the return leg in mid-April.
Bayern Munich, who finished third last season, will open their campaign at home against Moenchengladbach, who narrowly escaped the drop last term.
Europa League contenders Mainz 05 will host second-placed Bayer Leverkusen in their opener for the season which will end on May 5, 2012.
Promoted Hertha Berlin and Augsburg, making their Bundesliga debut, feature in the top flight next season while Frankfurt and St Pauli have dropped to the second division.
Borussia Dortmund v Hamburg SV
SV Werder Bremen v Kaiserslautern
Hanover 96 v 1899 Hoffenheim
FSV Mainz 05 v Bayer Leverkusen
VfB Stuttgart v FC Schalke 04
Cologne v VfL Wolfsburg
FC Augsburg v SC Freiburg
Hertha Berlin v Nuremberg
Bayern Munich v Borussia Moenchengladbach
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion