Champions Dortmund open against Hamburg
Berlin: Champions Borussia Dortmund will open their Bundesliga title defense at home against Hamburg on August 5, the German Football League (DFL) announced on Tuesday.
"It`s an exciting opening fixture against Hamburg, a club that failed to live up to expectations last season but against whom we have some great battles," said Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc.
Jurgen Klopp`s side will first meet Schalke 04 in the German SuperCup on July 4 and 23, and will then face some stiff tests against Bayer Leverkuson in the fourth round of the Bundesligan and Europa League contenders Hanover two rounds later.
Dortmund`s clash with the Bundesliga`s most titled club Bayern Munich will take place on round 13 with the return leg in mid-April.
Bayern Munich, who finished third last season, will open their campaign at home against Moenchengladbach, who narrowly escaped the drop last term.
Europa League contenders Mainz 05 will host second-placed Bayer Leverkusen in their opener for the season which will end on May 5, 2012.
Promoted Hertha Berlin and Augsburg, making their Bundesliga debut, feature in the top flight next season while Frankfurt and St Pauli have dropped to the second division.
Borussia Dortmund v Hamburg SV
SV Werder Bremen v Kaiserslautern
Hanover 96 v 1899 Hoffenheim
FSV Mainz 05 v Bayer Leverkusen
VfB Stuttgart v FC Schalke 04
Cologne v VfL Wolfsburg
FC Augsburg v SC Freiburg
Hertha Berlin v Nuremberg
Bayern Munich v Borussia Moenchengladbach
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"