Champions League: Dynamo Kiev beats Dinamo Zagreb 2-0
Kiev: Ukraine`s football club Dynamo Kiev beat Dinamo Zagreb from Croatia 2-0 to gain three points in the second Champions League group stage match at the Olympic Stadium here.
Kiev had the better of the early game scoring a quick goal in the third minute when midfielder Oleg Gusjev found the net on Ognjen Vukoevic`s pass Wednesday evening, as reported by a news agency.
Soon after, Dynamo`s Ideye had a very good chance to score after Miguel Velosu had spread a long diagonal ball but Zagreb`s goalkeeper Ivan Kelava pushed the ball out for a corner.
In the 33rd minute, Kiev sealed the win after an own goal by Dinamo Zagreb defender Josip Pivaric.
Dynamo Kiev controlled the game in the second-half but scored no goals. With three points on the board, Kiev is level with France`s PSG.
Portuguese Porto leads the standings with six points while Zagreb remains without a point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP