Champions League: Dynamo Kiev beats Dinamo Zagreb 2-0
Kiev: Ukraine`s football club Dynamo Kiev beat Dinamo Zagreb from Croatia 2-0 to gain three points in the second Champions League group stage match at the Olympic Stadium here.
Kiev had the better of the early game scoring a quick goal in the third minute when midfielder Oleg Gusjev found the net on Ognjen Vukoevic`s pass Wednesday evening, as reported by a news agency.
Soon after, Dynamo`s Ideye had a very good chance to score after Miguel Velosu had spread a long diagonal ball but Zagreb`s goalkeeper Ivan Kelava pushed the ball out for a corner.
In the 33rd minute, Kiev sealed the win after an own goal by Dinamo Zagreb defender Josip Pivaric.
Dynamo Kiev controlled the game in the second-half but scored no goals. With three points on the board, Kiev is level with France`s PSG.
Portuguese Porto leads the standings with six points while Zagreb remains without a point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'