Champions League: Dynamo Kiev beats Dinamo Zagreb 2-0
Kiev: Ukraine`s football club Dynamo Kiev beat Dinamo Zagreb from Croatia 2-0 to gain three points in the second Champions League group stage match at the Olympic Stadium here.
Kiev had the better of the early game scoring a quick goal in the third minute when midfielder Oleg Gusjev found the net on Ognjen Vukoevic`s pass Wednesday evening, as reported by a news agency.
Soon after, Dynamo`s Ideye had a very good chance to score after Miguel Velosu had spread a long diagonal ball but Zagreb`s goalkeeper Ivan Kelava pushed the ball out for a corner.
In the 33rd minute, Kiev sealed the win after an own goal by Dinamo Zagreb defender Josip Pivaric.
Dynamo Kiev controlled the game in the second-half but scored no goals. With three points on the board, Kiev is level with France`s PSG.
Portuguese Porto leads the standings with six points while Zagreb remains without a point.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on