Champions League final: Di Matteo considers pairing Drogba and Torres
London: Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo may partner Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba up front in the Champions League final on Saturday, after giving the duo a trial run against Blackburn Rovers at the weekend.
The pair had not started together under the Italian in his two months in charge and the former West Brom boss admitted he paired them up in an experiment ahead of this Saturday`s showpiece at the Allianz Arena.
"I tried a few things to just have a look and see how it could work out. It`s always difficult because obviously it`s going to be a different opposition," he told Chelsea TV.
"But I`ve been trying to figure out a few things."
Both men have found form towards the end of the season and have netted in crucial games, Drogba scoring in the FA Cup semi-final and final while Torres hit a late clincher at Camp Nou to send the Blues to the Champions League final.
With Ramires and Raul Meireles not available in midfield, Di Matteo may alter his side`s shape, with the Ivorian and Spaniard potentially starting as a pair in attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani