Champions League final: Di Matteo considers pairing Drogba and Torres
London: Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo may partner Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba up front in the Champions League final on Saturday, after giving the duo a trial run against Blackburn Rovers at the weekend.
The pair had not started together under the Italian in his two months in charge and the former West Brom boss admitted he paired them up in an experiment ahead of this Saturday`s showpiece at the Allianz Arena.
"I tried a few things to just have a look and see how it could work out. It`s always difficult because obviously it`s going to be a different opposition," he told Chelsea TV.
"But I`ve been trying to figure out a few things."
Both men have found form towards the end of the season and have netted in crucial games, Drogba scoring in the FA Cup semi-final and final while Torres hit a late clincher at Camp Nou to send the Blues to the Champions League final.
With Ramires and Raul Meireles not available in midfield, Di Matteo may alter his side`s shape, with the Ivorian and Spaniard potentially starting as a pair in attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss