Champions League final: Di Matteo considers pairing Drogba and Torres
London: Chelsea manager Roberto Di Matteo may partner Fernando Torres and Didier Drogba up front in the Champions League final on Saturday, after giving the duo a trial run against Blackburn Rovers at the weekend.
The pair had not started together under the Italian in his two months in charge and the former West Brom boss admitted he paired them up in an experiment ahead of this Saturday`s showpiece at the Allianz Arena.
"I tried a few things to just have a look and see how it could work out. It`s always difficult because obviously it`s going to be a different opposition," he told Chelsea TV.
"But I`ve been trying to figure out a few things."
Both men have found form towards the end of the season and have netted in crucial games, Drogba scoring in the FA Cup semi-final and final while Torres hit a late clincher at Camp Nou to send the Blues to the Champions League final.
With Ramires and Raul Meireles not available in midfield, Di Matteo may alter his side`s shape, with the Ivorian and Spaniard potentially starting as a pair in attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net
- US snubs Pakistan, says India's entry to nuclear club is not about arms
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely