Champions League final: Robben eager to defeat Chelsea
Munich: Bayern Munich winger Arjen Robben has set his sights on taking the scalp of yet another former team in Saturday`s Champions League final against Chelsea after defeating Real Madrid in the semi-finals.
The Netherlands international wore the Blues jersey from 2004 until 2007, before leaving for Real and eventually joining Bayern in the summer of 2009. And he confessed that he revels in facing his ex-employers.
"We`ve already beaten Madrid, of course, another former club of mine, and hopefully Chelsea will be the second," Robben stated to uefa.com.
"It`s always special to play against your former clubs and I had a great time at Chelsea – three years, a lot of success and just a great time. It`ll be good to see their people again, [but] hopefully we`ll be happier than they are after the game."
The 28-year-old is eagerly anticipating Saturday`s game in Munich, and acknowledged that it is an honour for the club to play the final in their own stadium.
"This is one of the biggest clubs in Europe, with a great history, and it always has been. To reach the final and to play in your own stadium is something really amazing and a dream come true for many people within the club.”
The match at the Allianz Arena kicks off at 20.45CET.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video