Champions League is special: David Beckham
Paris: Paris Saint-Germain midfielder David Beckham is revelling in playing Champions League football again following a three-year absence from the tournament.
The 37-year-old was an unused substitute as his new club booked their passage through to the quarter-finals of the competition with a 3-2 aggregate victory over Valencia on Wednesday night.
The match represented Beckham`s first involvement on club football`s biggest stage since figuring for AC Milan against his boyhood club Manchester United during the midfielder`s second loan spell with the Rossoneri in 2010.
"The MLS was an amazing experience, but I always missed the Champions League," Beckham told Canal Plus.
The former LA Galaxy star won two MLS Cups during the six years he spent in America, but for Beckham the Champions League always held a certain allure.
He added: "When you have tasted and won the Champions League, you cannot help but miss it.
"As soon as the music starts you feel something special. There are not many games which can produce this atmosphere."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'