Champions League last 16 draw: Manchester United to face Real Madrid
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Nyon: The draw for the round of 16 of the Champions League took place in Nyon, Switzerland on Thursday, and some enticing ties await in the first knock-out stage.
Primera Division champions Real Madrid have been paired with Manchester United as Cristiano Ronaldo returns to Old Trafford.
Furthermore, 2011 winners Barcelona will have to deal with Italian giants AC Milan in what promises to be yet another mouthwatering tie.
Last season's finalists Bayern Munich take on Arsene Wenger's Arsenal as they aim to make it to their third final in five years' time.
Serie A powerhouse Juventus will have to deal with Celtic in the first knock-out stage, while Schalke meet Turkish giants Galatasaray.
Group winners will be away in the first legs on 12-13 and 19-20 February and at home in the return matches on 5-6 and 12-13 March.
The draw for the quarter-finals will be held on March 15, and the tournament concludes at Wembley Stadium on May 25.
Champions League last 16:
• Valencia v PSG
• Real Madrid v Manchester United
• AC Milan v Barcelona
• Shakhtar Donetsk v Borussia Dortmund
• Arsenal v Bayern Munich
• Porto v Malaga
• Celtic v Juventus
• Galatasaray v Schalke
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore