Champions League: Messi will be fit for Bayern Munich match
Barcelona: Lionel Messi has been confirmed as fit to face Bayern Munich in Barcelona`s Champions League semi-final first leg on April 23.
The 25-year-old was told at training on Tuesday he would be ready to play against the Bavarians next week with his hamstring problem a thing of the past.
The Argentine has missed the Blaugrana`s last two Liga matches due to the injury, however, he did come off the bench in between Tito Vilanova`s side`s domestic matches to have a major impact in the Liga giants` second leg with Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month.
The Catalunya club were trailing 1-0 when the four-time Ballon d`Or winner was brought off the bench and he eventually set up Pedro for the crucial equaliser which ensured their progression into the semi-finals on away goals (3-3 on aggregate).
It remains to be seen whether Vilanova and his assistant Jordi Roura choose to risk playing the forward against Levante on Saturday, though it can be assumed that Messi being rested is a sensible option with second-placed Real Madrid 13 points behind with seven games to go.
Prior to his injury-induced absences, the attacker had gone on a record-breaking streak of scoring in 19 consecutive Liga matches and tops the Primera Division goalscorer table with 43 goals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'