Champions League: Messi will be fit for Bayern Munich match
Barcelona: Lionel Messi has been confirmed as fit to face Bayern Munich in Barcelona`s Champions League semi-final first leg on April 23.
The 25-year-old was told at training on Tuesday he would be ready to play against the Bavarians next week with his hamstring problem a thing of the past.
The Argentine has missed the Blaugrana`s last two Liga matches due to the injury, however, he did come off the bench in between Tito Vilanova`s side`s domestic matches to have a major impact in the Liga giants` second leg with Paris Saint-Germain earlier this month.
The Catalunya club were trailing 1-0 when the four-time Ballon d`Or winner was brought off the bench and he eventually set up Pedro for the crucial equaliser which ensured their progression into the semi-finals on away goals (3-3 on aggregate).
It remains to be seen whether Vilanova and his assistant Jordi Roura choose to risk playing the forward against Levante on Saturday, though it can be assumed that Messi being rested is a sensible option with second-placed Real Madrid 13 points behind with seven games to go.
Prior to his injury-induced absences, the attacker had gone on a record-breaking streak of scoring in 19 consecutive Liga matches and tops the Primera Division goalscorer table with 43 goals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata