Champions League: Schalke beat Steaua 3-0
Berlin: Atsuto Uchida`s opener in the second half helped Schalke overpower Steaua Bucuresti 3-0 in group E of the Champions League at Veltins-Arena.
The Royal Blues started the match Wednesday aggressively but were kept at bay by a resilient Steaua.
Japan international Atsuto Uchida broke the deadlock for Schalke, when his cross floated untouched into the back of Steaua`s goal at the 67th minute.
The opener gave the home side more confidence as Boateng utilised Julian Draxler`s assist inside the box to beat Ciprian Tatarusanu with a curl into the far post corner eleven minutes later.
Draxler added the third by chipping onrushing Tatarusanu to make it 3-0 with five minutes remaining.
"We ensured a perfect start into the Champions League. I`m extremely happy about that," Schalke coach Jens Keller said after the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress