Champions League: Schalke beat Steaua 3-0
Berlin: Atsuto Uchida`s opener in the second half helped Schalke overpower Steaua Bucuresti 3-0 in group E of the Champions League at Veltins-Arena.
The Royal Blues started the match Wednesday aggressively but were kept at bay by a resilient Steaua.
Japan international Atsuto Uchida broke the deadlock for Schalke, when his cross floated untouched into the back of Steaua`s goal at the 67th minute.
The opener gave the home side more confidence as Boateng utilised Julian Draxler`s assist inside the box to beat Ciprian Tatarusanu with a curl into the far post corner eleven minutes later.
Draxler added the third by chipping onrushing Tatarusanu to make it 3-0 with five minutes remaining.
"We ensured a perfect start into the Champions League. I`m extremely happy about that," Schalke coach Jens Keller said after the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda