Champions League: Schalke beat Steaua 3-0
Berlin: Atsuto Uchida`s opener in the second half helped Schalke overpower Steaua Bucuresti 3-0 in group E of the Champions League at Veltins-Arena.
The Royal Blues started the match Wednesday aggressively but were kept at bay by a resilient Steaua.
Japan international Atsuto Uchida broke the deadlock for Schalke, when his cross floated untouched into the back of Steaua`s goal at the 67th minute.
The opener gave the home side more confidence as Boateng utilised Julian Draxler`s assist inside the box to beat Ciprian Tatarusanu with a curl into the far post corner eleven minutes later.
Draxler added the third by chipping onrushing Tatarusanu to make it 3-0 with five minutes remaining.
"We ensured a perfect start into the Champions League. I`m extremely happy about that," Schalke coach Jens Keller said after the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why