Championship Trophy triumph ensues big prize money worth 110 mln pound
London: The Championship play-off final will begin as a knockout competition between Crystal Palace and Watford where the prize money will include 110 million pound besides being promoted to the Premier League.
While Watford remain the favourites after finishing third in the Championship arena and defeating Leicester City in the semi-finals, Palace is looking to end eight years of loss at major tournaments after beating fierce rivals Brighton in their semi-final.
The most valuable match in world football will take place at Wembley with the two teams vying for the enormous amount and a place in the Premier League.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption