Charlton says Manchester United `back in title chase` through Moyes` efforts
London: Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton has said that manager David Moyes has answered his critics with the club`s improved form.
According to SportsMole.co.uk, Moyes made a slow start to life as Sir Alex Ferguson`s successor at United, winning just two of his opening six Premier League matches at the club.
However, the Red Devils have now won four of their last five league games and are currently on a nine-match unbeaten streak, a run that includes Sunday`s 1-0 victory over league leaders Arsenal, the report said.
Charlton said that there was a little bit of criticism going on and he is pleased that he did not have to answer it because Moyes had done it himself.
He added that Manchester United was not the type of team who could languish in the bottom half of the league and it is promising to see them putting together some good results.
United now sit fifth in the Premier League table, five points behind Arsenal, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing