Charlton says Manchester United `back in title chase` through Moyes` efforts
London: Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton has said that manager David Moyes has answered his critics with the club`s improved form.
According to SportsMole.co.uk, Moyes made a slow start to life as Sir Alex Ferguson`s successor at United, winning just two of his opening six Premier League matches at the club.
However, the Red Devils have now won four of their last five league games and are currently on a nine-match unbeaten streak, a run that includes Sunday`s 1-0 victory over league leaders Arsenal, the report said.
Charlton said that there was a little bit of criticism going on and he is pleased that he did not have to answer it because Moyes had done it himself.
He added that Manchester United was not the type of team who could languish in the bottom half of the league and it is promising to see them putting together some good results.
United now sit fifth in the Premier League table, five points behind Arsenal, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre