Chelsea agree deal to sign Lukaku from Anderlecht
Brussels: Chelsea have agreed a deal with Anderlecht to sign 18-year-old Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, the Belgian club said on its website on Saturday.
Lukaku will join the Premier League club subject to passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.
"It`s a shame we have to let go of Romelu, who was scouted and trained by Anderlecht, but the transfer is a win-win situation for the player and the club," Anderlecht manager Herman van Holsbeeck said.
Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas said in July he had one of the oldest squads in the Premier League and the London club were planning to invest more in younger players.
Lukaku became a household name in Belgium when he was top scorer in the domestic league in the 2009/2010 season aged 16.
Anderlecht did not disclose how much Chelsea had agreed to pay for Lukaku, who scored his first two international goals against Russia in November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley