Chelsea agree deal to sign Lukaku from Anderlecht
Brussels: Chelsea have agreed a deal with Anderlecht to sign 18-year-old Belgium striker Romelu Lukaku, the Belgian club said on its website on Saturday.
Lukaku will join the Premier League club subject to passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.
"It`s a shame we have to let go of Romelu, who was scouted and trained by Anderlecht, but the transfer is a win-win situation for the player and the club," Anderlecht manager Herman van Holsbeeck said.
Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas said in July he had one of the oldest squads in the Premier League and the London club were planning to invest more in younger players.
Lukaku became a household name in Belgium when he was top scorer in the domestic league in the 2009/2010 season aged 16.
Anderlecht did not disclose how much Chelsea had agreed to pay for Lukaku, who scored his first two international goals against Russia in November last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list