Chelsea captain Terry faces spell on sidelines
London: Chelsea captain John Terry could be out for several weeks after aggravating a knee injury ahead of Tuesday`s Champions League last-16 first leg match at Napoli.
"John has tried hard to be ready for tonight`s game but it was clear after training last night that it was not going to be possible," the club said on their website (www.chelseafc.com).
"He will undergo an exploratory arthroscopy in the next day or so after which the club`s medical team will be better placed to advise on a prognosis."
Central defender Terry, 31, injured his knee when he collided with the goalpost in last month`s FA Cup match with second tier Portsmouth.
He has already missed five games and will also be sidelined for next week`s England friendly against Netherlands at Wembley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters