Chelsea captain Terry faces spell on sidelines
London: Chelsea captain John Terry could be out for several weeks after aggravating a knee injury ahead of Tuesday`s Champions League last-16 first leg match at Napoli.
"John has tried hard to be ready for tonight`s game but it was clear after training last night that it was not going to be possible," the club said on their website (www.chelseafc.com).
"He will undergo an exploratory arthroscopy in the next day or so after which the club`s medical team will be better placed to advise on a prognosis."
Central defender Terry, 31, injured his knee when he collided with the goalpost in last month`s FA Cup match with second tier Portsmouth.
He has already missed five games and will also be sidelined for next week`s England friendly against Netherlands at Wembley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support
- Kerala law student raped, murdered at home: Read chilling details of post-mortem report here
- On Umar Akmal, Ahmed Shehzad's sacking: Shahid Afridi welcomes PCB's move to give chance to youngsters
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Let’s not have a gender war, says Shekhar Suman