Chelsea complete signing of Demba Ba on three-and-a-half-year deal
London: Chelsea have confirmed the signing of striker Demba Ba from Newcastle United on a three-and-a-half year contract.
The fee is undisclosed but it is to be around the forward's release clause of £7 million.
The 27-year-old's move follows an 18-month spell with Newcastle United and was top of the club's goal scoring charts this season.
Commenting on the move, Ba said: "It feels good to be here, I'm very happy and very proud."
"It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in.
"When the club who won the Champions League wants you, the decision is very easy. This club is massive and that's something that helped the decision a lot. It was not a hard one."
The Senegal international will wear the number 29 shirt for the Blues and will be eligible to feature in Saturday's FA Cup tie away to Southampton.
The striker, who becomes the first Senegalese player to play for Chelsea, has hit 13 goals in the Premier League so far this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail