Chelsea complete signing of Demba Ba on three-and-a-half-year deal
London: Chelsea have confirmed the signing of striker Demba Ba from Newcastle United on a three-and-a-half year contract.
The fee is undisclosed but it is to be around the forward's release clause of £7 million.
The 27-year-old's move follows an 18-month spell with Newcastle United and was top of the club's goal scoring charts this season.
Commenting on the move, Ba said: "It feels good to be here, I'm very happy and very proud."
"It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in.
"When the club who won the Champions League wants you, the decision is very easy. This club is massive and that's something that helped the decision a lot. It was not a hard one."
The Senegal international will wear the number 29 shirt for the Blues and will be eligible to feature in Saturday's FA Cup tie away to Southampton.
The striker, who becomes the first Senegalese player to play for Chelsea, has hit 13 goals in the Premier League so far this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!