Chelsea complete signing of Demba Ba on three-and-a-half-year deal
London: Chelsea have confirmed the signing of striker Demba Ba from Newcastle United on a three-and-a-half year contract.
The fee is undisclosed but it is to be around the forward's release clause of £7 million.
The 27-year-old's move follows an 18-month spell with Newcastle United and was top of the club's goal scoring charts this season.
Commenting on the move, Ba said: "It feels good to be here, I'm very happy and very proud."
"It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in.
"When the club who won the Champions League wants you, the decision is very easy. This club is massive and that's something that helped the decision a lot. It was not a hard one."
The Senegal international will wear the number 29 shirt for the Blues and will be eligible to feature in Saturday's FA Cup tie away to Southampton.
The striker, who becomes the first Senegalese player to play for Chelsea, has hit 13 goals in the Premier League so far this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam