Chelsea complete signing of Demba Ba on three-and-a-half-year deal
London: Chelsea have confirmed the signing of striker Demba Ba from Newcastle United on a three-and-a-half year contract.
The fee is undisclosed but it is to be around the forward's release clause of £7 million.
The 27-year-old's move follows an 18-month spell with Newcastle United and was top of the club's goal scoring charts this season.
Commenting on the move, Ba said: "It feels good to be here, I'm very happy and very proud."
"It was important for me, and for Newcastle, to get my future sorted and now we can move on. Now they have the whole month to buy someone and for me as well, the sooner the better. Now I am here I just need to get settled in.
"When the club who won the Champions League wants you, the decision is very easy. This club is massive and that's something that helped the decision a lot. It was not a hard one."
The Senegal international will wear the number 29 shirt for the Blues and will be eligible to feature in Saturday's FA Cup tie away to Southampton.
The striker, who becomes the first Senegalese player to play for Chelsea, has hit 13 goals in the Premier League so far this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Colombia ceasefire ends half-century war with FARC
- Embarrassment for Congress as Navjot Singh Sidhu's wife criticises Amarinder Singh
- Why cholera is more deadly for people with type O blood
- US Open: Andy Murray, Serena Williams swing into action on Day 2
- China must recognise South China Sea ruling: Philippines