Chelsea deserve credit for reaching Europa League final: Benitez
London: Chelsea manager Rafa Benitez feels that his side deserve credit for managing their workload to reach the Europa League final.
The Blues face Benfica at the Amsterdam Arena and the Spaniard is hoping that lifting the trophy would hammer home how well he and his team have done in difficult circumstances.
"You can always make mistakes but it was not an easy situation at the beginning," Benitez told reporters.
"We have managed it quite well. Every day, after every training session, I go home and think we are doing our best.
"For me it is always important to win trophies. If we win it will be easier and people will realise that to be here, at this stage of the competition, means we have done a lot of things well."
Asked if the fan`s reaction to his appointment affected the players, the Spaniard replied: "You have to analyse from the beginning. You have to analyse the age of our players, the new players, the transition period we have had, the short squad at times and all the competitions.
"After tomorrow we will have played 68 games. For the last six months we have been playing two games a week at least. Imagine any team in the world doing that and progressing to semi-finals of two competitions and final of one.
"It doesn`t matter what a lot of people say, we feel we have done a good job. Hopefully we can do even better."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert