Chelsea keen to swap Sturridge for Arsenal's Walcott
London: Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has surfaced as a shock target for Chelsea. The Blues are reportedly keen to swap him for striker Daniel Sturridge.
Walcott is rated at 10 million pounds, as he only has a year left in his deal, whereas Sturridge’s contract runs until 2014, The Sun reports.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who is in a dire need of a striker, is reported to be tracking Sturridge’s development at Chelsea. Sturridge is furious at not being offered a new contract by Chelsea.
Walcott is suffering from a poor run of form this season, but Wenger is set to offer him a new deal this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what