Chelsea keen to swap Sturridge for Arsenal's Walcott
London: Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has surfaced as a shock target for Chelsea. The Blues are reportedly keen to swap him for striker Daniel Sturridge.
Walcott is rated at 10 million pounds, as he only has a year left in his deal, whereas Sturridge’s contract runs until 2014, The Sun reports.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who is in a dire need of a striker, is reported to be tracking Sturridge’s development at Chelsea. Sturridge is furious at not being offered a new contract by Chelsea.
Walcott is suffering from a poor run of form this season, but Wenger is set to offer him a new deal this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?