Chelsea keen to swap Sturridge for Arsenal's Walcott
London: Arsenal winger Theo Walcott has surfaced as a shock target for Chelsea. The Blues are reportedly keen to swap him for striker Daniel Sturridge.
Walcott is rated at 10 million pounds, as he only has a year left in his deal, whereas Sturridge’s contract runs until 2014, The Sun reports.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who is in a dire need of a striker, is reported to be tracking Sturridge’s development at Chelsea. Sturridge is furious at not being offered a new contract by Chelsea.
Walcott is suffering from a poor run of form this season, but Wenger is set to offer him a new deal this summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information