Chelsea lays out 30 mln pound war chest for Rooney
London: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has reportedly been permitted access to funds worth 30 million pounds to lure Wayne Rooney away from his club Manchester United.
Mourinho is willing to go to the wire on transfer deadline day to sign the unsettled star, although he has been careful not to name Rooney publicly for fear of antagonizing United.
However, the Portuguese has indicated that Rooney is his only target this summer, saying that Chelsea is in a very good balance with salaries, income and outcome and is ready to invest a player that may cost upto 30 million pounds without breaking the balance in their numbers.
But Mourinho insisted that they do not need to sell a player first before making a purchase, and again hinted at bringing in Rooney by saying that the player he wants costs neither 40 million pounds nor 50 million pounds.
Chelsea is resigned to a slow stalking game with United, who is unlikely to sell their star before Chelsea visit Old Trafford on August 26, just a week before the window closes, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you