Chelsea lays out 30 mln pound war chest for Rooney
London: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has reportedly been permitted access to funds worth 30 million pounds to lure Wayne Rooney away from his club Manchester United.
Mourinho is willing to go to the wire on transfer deadline day to sign the unsettled star, although he has been careful not to name Rooney publicly for fear of antagonizing United.
However, the Portuguese has indicated that Rooney is his only target this summer, saying that Chelsea is in a very good balance with salaries, income and outcome and is ready to invest a player that may cost upto 30 million pounds without breaking the balance in their numbers.
But Mourinho insisted that they do not need to sell a player first before making a purchase, and again hinted at bringing in Rooney by saying that the player he wants costs neither 40 million pounds nor 50 million pounds.
Chelsea is resigned to a slow stalking game with United, who is unlikely to sell their star before Chelsea visit Old Trafford on August 26, just a week before the window closes, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur