Chelsea left baffled about Ramires’ hint to rejoining former club
London: Brazilian footballer Ramires has stunned Chelsea by admitting that he could consider returning to Brazil and play for his former club Cruzeiro.
The 17 million pound midfielder, who joined the Blues in August 2010 from Benfica and signed a four-year deal, has become one of the leading stars at Stamford Bridge.
However, he refused to rule out leaving Chelsea and returning to his former club, as he felt indebted to it after launching his career in Europe.
“If Cruzeiro are interested, it’s possible for me to go back. Although it’s not a decision I can make and difficult because my price is very high. If Cruzeiro could raise the money, I would go back for sure,” a daily quoted Ramires, as saying.
“I was happy at Cruzeiro and felt an obligation to return at some point as the club offered me a chance to launch my sport career in Europe. I still follow their matches on the internet. The fans were always good to me and named me ‘Ramires the Warrior’,” he added.
Ramires spent two seasons at the club before joining Benfica for 7.5 million pounds on a five-year deal in 2009, but he barely spent a year in Portugal before Chelsea handed them a profit just shy of 10 million pounds to take him to England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days