Chelsea makes 30 million pound bid for Ribery
London: Chelsea has tabled a stunning 30 million pound offer for Bayern Munich star Franck Ribery.
Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas has turned to Ribery in his search for a world-class winger after being frustrated by Tottenham Hotspur’s tough stance over Luka Modric.
However, Bayern Munich will not consider a deal for less than 36 million pounds, the Sun reports.
Former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti had tried to sign the 28-year-old in 2009, but was quoted a price of 88 million pounds by Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir
- Alphabet executive steps down from Uber board amid growing competition