Chelsea part ways with manager Roberto Di Matteo
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Chelsea has parted ways with manager Roberto Di Matteo after the club suffered 0-3 defeat at the hands of Juventus in the Champions League tournament on Tuesday.
"Chelsea Football Club has parted company this morning with manager Roberto Di Matteo," the club said in a statement on its official website on Wednesday.
“The club faces a difficult task ahead in qualifying for the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League as well as maintaining a strong challenge for the top of the Premier League while competing in three other cup competitions. Our aim is to remain as competitive as possible and challenge strongly on all fronts," the statement read.
Matteo was given full charge of the club after leading them to their maiden Champions League title last season. He was appointed as an interim manager following Andre Villas Boas who was sacked just nine months in charge after falling out with senior players at the club.
The club said that the announcement regarding a new manager will be made soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan