Chelsea part ways with manager Roberto Di Matteo
Zeenews Sports Bureau
London: Chelsea has parted ways with manager Roberto Di Matteo after the club suffered 0-3 defeat at the hands of Juventus in the Champions League tournament on Tuesday.
"Chelsea Football Club has parted company this morning with manager Roberto Di Matteo," the club said in a statement on its official website on Wednesday.
“The club faces a difficult task ahead in qualifying for the knockout stages of the UEFA Champions League as well as maintaining a strong challenge for the top of the Premier League while competing in three other cup competitions. Our aim is to remain as competitive as possible and challenge strongly on all fronts," the statement read.
Matteo was given full charge of the club after leading them to their maiden Champions League title last season. He was appointed as an interim manager following Andre Villas Boas who was sacked just nine months in charge after falling out with senior players at the club.
The club said that the announcement regarding a new manager will be made soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000