Chelsea plotting 60-mln-pound bid for Monaco`s Radamel Falcao
London: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho will fly to South America this week to watch Monaco`s Colombian forward Radamel Falcao ahead of sanctioning a 60 million-pound move for the striker.
According to SportsMole.co.uk, there have already been rumours of Falcao`s discontent in France, and Mourinho is keeping an eye on the situation in case the opportunity arises for him to sign the top striker that he desperately wants.
The Portuguese tactician, who also failed to sign Wayne Rooney and Robert Lewandowski in the previous transfer window, is aware that any swoop for Falcao would be difficult and require a British-record sum, the report said.
Mourinho wants to gauge the prolific goalscorer`s ability to play in the Premier League by watching him against a high-quality, physical Belgian side this week, before giving any bid the go ahead, the report added.
Chelsea`s current strike force, Fernando Torres, Demba Ba and Samuel Eto`o, have scored three Premier League goals between them this season, while Falcao has already netted nine times in Ligue 1, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!